Google has recently changed Local Business Listings by only giving the top spots to those feeding the search engine’s ever increasing need for content.
Google Local Business Listings are different than organic or pay-per-click listings. They typically only show up when the user types a service oriented business followed by the city for their search. A large map from Google Maps appears alongside up to ten URLs with a phone number by each. If you need more than ten listings you can click in “More Results from ‘Insert City’ “ and you’ll be taken to a map with alphabetically lettered red pegs for each register business on Google Maps.
Over the last year being listed on Google Maps and/or Google’s Local Business Listings is becoming even more important since they are being displayed more often in search with up to ten listings before organic listings even start.
Here are just a few ways you can ensure your Local Business Listing gets maximum exposure:
1. Photos – Add as many photos as you can and a company logo.
2. Multiple Reviews – It’s important that these be from real customers. You can not have too many. Don’t fake them either, it’s easy to see. Just as with Amazon, people trust products with lots reviews that have kept above three stars.
3. Use Keywords in Company Description – They offer an area where the business representative can describe what the company offers.
4. Use Keywords in Company Name – Don’t be deceptive by changing your company name.
5. Add a Voucher – Google allows printable Vouchers to be added by your listing.
Also consider adding elements to your Google Local Business Listing:
6. Create links to the listing – Add a link from your homepage to the listing and encourage current customers or website visitors to review your company.
7. Add Videos- If your company already has videos on YouTube you can place them right there on the page.
If you need any help or assistance, or want to learn more about using Social Media to generate more business, call us on 01727 739812 or book one of our free Workshops.