Official FL1 Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- 115g / 4oz unsalted butter (softened)
- 50g / 2oz granulated sugar
- 25g / 1oz stem ginger cut into small pieces
- 70g / 3oz dark muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 160g / 6oz plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g / 3.5 oz dark chocolate (broken into chunks)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/ 350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly grease 2 non stick baking trays.
- Put the butter and sugars into a large bowl and cream together until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the vanilla, egg and stem ginger.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and a good pinch of salt, then add the creamed mixture, along with the dark chocolate chunks. Mix until combined to for, a soft dough.
- Put tablespoons of the cookie dough onto a baking tray spaced well apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Leave on the baking sheets for 2 minutes to allow to cool slightly.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!